Signed. Sealed. Delivered.
Once again, Tibor Reels sets the standard for quality, design and innovation with the Tibor Signature Series. 2011 marked the 35th Anniversary of Tibor Reel Corporation, and to celebrate, Tibor introduced a revolutionary new line of reels that are the pinnacle of 35 years of designing and manufacturing the world’s finest fly fishing reels.
Signed by Master reel designer and fly fisherman Ted “Tibor” Juracsik, the elegant and efficient design of the Tibor Signature Series consists of very few parts. It features a completely ventilated spool and frame that keeps the reel cool during long, smoking runs and provides a robust incoming and outgoing clicker sound. Available in five sizes, the Tibor Signature Series delivers the same tough standards that have earned Tibor over 850 world records – more than any other fly reel.
- The completely ventilated spool and frame keeps the reel cool during long, smoking runs.
- Boasts a robust incoming and outgoing clicker sound.
- Unique mechanical clutch system allows easy change from right to left hand retrieve.
- Features Tibor’s QuickChange™ spool system which involves only a single moving part.
- Innovative sealed drag system is waterproof, self-maintaining and still the strongest in the industry.
- The drag system constantly applies seal pressure while in free spool so the reel will never overrun while stripping the line.
- Comes equipped with our legendary silky smooth micro grain cork that is constantly lubricated. On the rare occasion that maintenance is necessary, the system can be easily disassembled, yet still remain under warranty – unlike many other sealed-drag reels on the market.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection. The serial # is located UNDER the nameplate on top of the frame next to the reel stand.
- Our Delrin Handle offers positive gripping and quick release.
- Comes with an extra thick Neoprene Case for convenient storage and transportation.
Weight: 8.5 oz.
Frame Size: 3.75″ x 1.5″
Rod Weights: 7-8
200 yds. with 20 lb. Micron backing 7 & 8 wt.
175 yds. with 20 lb. Micron backing 8 wt.
225 yds. with 20 lb. braid backing 8 wt.
250 yds. with 20 lb. braid backing 7 & 8 wt.
200 yds. with 65 lb. Power Pro Super 8 Slick
Albacore, Bonefish, Fresh Water Bass, Permit
Pike, Redfish, Salmon, Snook, Striped Bass, Tarpon
After each use, Tibor Signature Reels should be rinsed thoroughly in fresh, warm water. Periodically, especially after extensive exposure to saltwater, the line and backing should be removed and wiped down with a wet cloth to remove salt. To disassemble a reel for cleaning, the only tool required is a penny. All reels are lubricated at the factory prior to assembly and relubrication is generally not necessary. Tibor Graphite Lube may be used to lubricate the cork drag disc.
Please note: Exceeding the recommended capacity by over-filling the spool and/or putting line on too tightly or with too much tension may damage the spool and is not covered under warranty. Please refer to the capacity chart above as your guide. Monofilment line is not recommended for use on Tibor reels. Should you have any questions about backing for your reel, please contact your authorized Tibor Dealer.
Conversion from Left to Right Hand Retrieve
Tibor Signature reels are shipped from the factory with right hand retrieve unless specified. An authorized dealer can easily convert any Tibor reel from right to left hand retrieve for you. You may also convert the reel yourself by reversing the Clutch Dogs. Complete warranty, maintenance and conversion information is included with each reel, or download complete instructions and a parts list in PDF format here.